I have had an eventful week. After taking my dog outside with a long leash and allowing him to pull me off balance down my deck stairs, many things happened since then. I have also learned a few things . . .
- We went to the emergency to see if I broke any bones (found out later I just sprained my knee)
- Slept all day the next day with ice on and off my knee
- Called 911 the next day when I broke out in a cold sweat, breathing very hard and my hands and feet started to turn numb. I had been taking a walk around the house with my crutches
- Stayed in the hospital for 4 days with blood clots in my lungs - ouch
- Found out through sonogram of my heart, that I have a heart murmur
- I am home now, hobbling around on crutches
- My family is the most awesome caring family
- My friends and neighbors are wonderful, caring people
- Hospitals and technology are amazing
- People who are emergency technicians, nurses, and doctors should be applauded - they saved my life
I would just like to encourage everyone to thank a person who smiles at you. Help a person who needs you. Give a lift to a person who cannot reach. Notice the colors of a nurse's shirt. Notice the fragrance that your friend is wearing today. You never know when your time to leave this world will be. I am grateful to have more time on this beautiful planet, to share this message with you. The sun shone through my window today and today it is different than last week. I value that sunshine a little more today. It is more beautiful than ever. . .
Thanks to God for sparing my life, for He is ultimately in control of what will happen. He is the divine creator of us all. I give Him and His Son the glory of all these beautiful things in life and my abilities to perceive them.